Deposits and Payments
A 50% deposit is required to hold a spot for you on one of our trips. Full payment is due 60 days prior to the first day of your trip. If you sign up for a trip that starts within 60 days, full payment is due at that time. We accept Visa/MasterCard. We do not except checks or money orders.
Private Group Registration
If you plan to schedule a private group trip, the Group Leader will be responsible for all deposits and payments for the entire group. Each individual must still complete our Registration Form. Also, we require all underage participants (under 16 years) to join us in a private setting.
Cancellations and Refunds
Timberline Mountain Guides, Inc. reserves the right to cancel a trip due to lack of sign ups, or other factors beyond our control. In this case, you will have the option of receiving a refund or rescheduling for a later date. Timberline Mountain Guides, Inc is not responsible for additional expenses incurred including non-refundable airline tickets, equipment, lodging and other travel related expenses.
- If you cancel for any reason, prior to 30 days before your trip, we will happily give you a refund or you can reschedule for a later date.
- For all Avalanche Courses, no changes, credits or cancellations will be allowed within 30 days of the course start date.
- For non-Avalanche courses, if you cancel less than 30 days, but more than 7 days, before your trip, a credit will be issued but no refund is available. Credits are valid until the end of the following year.
- Date changes and cancellations must be submitted in writing. Date changes made less than 30 days before your trip will be charged a $35 per person administrative fee.
- No date changes or cancellations can be made within 7 days of the start of the trip, and no credit or refund will be available.
- For international trips no credit or refund will be available. Full payment is due at sign up.
- All credits are valid until the last day of the following year. Rescheduled programs must occur within the valid credit period.
Due to the above policies, we recommend that you purchase travel insurance from a travel agent.
Once a trip begins, if the activities are cut short due to weather, there is no refund available.