The goal of an Level I Refresher Course is to dust off some your skills, review important topics, and also bring in some new updated information. If it has been a few years since you have taken your Level I, this would be a great course to consider in order to stay current. Its also great prep if you are thinking of taking a Level II course. The course is spends a morning inside reviewing topics, then an afternoon field session with real, hands on rescue review. This course is open to anyone who has previously taken a Level I Course.
Some of the topics that this course will cover:
- Terrain Review- recognizing avalanche terrain, route selection and review of travel techniques
- The AIARE Communication Checklist
- Avalanche Types and Character
- Review of Identification of Layers in the Snowpack and how they change
- Review of Avalanche Problems and how to deal with them
- Rescue Scenario’s including beacon practice